SEPTEMBER “GIVE ALOHA” PROGRAM
Sack N Save and Foodland will give a partial match if you give money to Hilo United Methodist Church at their store (instead of the offering plate) during September. For example, last year the match was almost 22%, so each $249 donation turned into $302 for Hilo UMC ($53 extra). Last year, $5,432 was contributed by the congregation, and a match of $1,168 was received. We hope to have even more participation this year!
- Donate to “Give Aloha” at the cash register of any Sack N Save or Foodland Store (check, credit card, or cash).
- Hilo United Methodist Church ID number is —– 77878 —–
- Show your Maika’i card to get the match. (You may apply for one at the time if needed.)
- The maximum that will be matched is $249 per Maika’i card per organization. (Any excess will be sent to the church, but not matched.)
- Request a duplicate receipt (or make a copy) and send it to the church with your name on it to get credit on your annual Hilo UMC giving statement for tax purposes. You may put the duplicate receipt in the offering plate or mail it in. (The names of donors are not reported to us by the “Give Aloha” program.)
“Bread for the Journey, Food for the Soul”