SEPTEMBER is “GIVE ALOHA” month (#77878) – 2 weeks left.
Sack N Save and Foodland will give a partial match if you give money to Hilo United Methodist Church at their store (instead of the offering plate) during September. For example, last year the match was 22%, so each $249 donation turned into $303 for Hilo UMC ($54 extra). Last year, $5,308 was contributed by the congregation, and a match of $1,188 was received. We hope to have even more participation this year!
- Donate to “Give Aloha” at the cash register of any Sack N Save or Foodland Store (check, credit card, or cash).
- Hilo United Methodist Church ID number is 77878
- Show your Maika’i card to get the match. (You may apply for one at the time if needed.)
- The maximum that will be matched is $249 per Maika’i card per organization. (Any excess will be sent to the church, but not matched.)
- Request a duplicate receipt (or make a copy) and send it to the church with your name on it to get credit on your annual Hilo UMC giving statement for tax purposes. (The names of donors are not reported to us by the “Give Aloha” program.)
In October, all the donations plus the match are sent to Hilo UMC! We are so grateful for this amazing annual program by Sack N Save and Western Union. Please participate to whatever extent you are able! If you have questions, contact JB Friday or Barbara Meguro or leave a message at the church office.